Change is Opportunity
Leadership through embracing change, story by Yvonne Busisiwe Kgame
(JBK Consulting, www.ybkconsulting.co.za, www.infinitegrace.co.za)
“THE REAL VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY CONSISTS NOT IN SEEKING OF
NEW LANDSCAPES BUT IN HAVING NEW EYES.” Marcel Proust
An unforgettable moment in the history of my life is this vast and magnificent journey of recovery from a traumatic stroke and brain tumor. It took me 8 months to recover and during that period my life suddenly changed as I was confined and isolated from physical contact. I am grateful that I faced the challenge with courage and did the best I could to comply with medical advice and accepting change from my usual routine. I also humbled myself to realize that I don’t know everything and opened up to receiving guidance.
This was a noble opportunity in my life time to profoundly go through a soul search, a thorough cleansing of my blockages in mind, body and soul. I confronted botherations that were buried deep inside me by telling my story. I dealt with all the negative beliefs, the fears, self doubt, the not so good-enough perception of myself, the limitations brought upon by the view of “I can’t” or “I am not worthy”.
My story reflected on my experience unconsciously, subconsciously and consciously. I took responsibility and examined my conscience to establish the root cause of what happened to me. Today I am free, I’m experienced, I have grown and I fully embrace the vast changes in my life. Painful as it may be there are so may blessings to count and a lot to be grateful for. Not all of us need to go through pain for us to transform, but if it does happen we need to open our hearts to grace. Sharing our stories helps us to own our pain to discover our hidden treasures, but it also inspires others not only to tell their own stories but to learn from others.
The journey towards my miraculous discovery continues to be an extraordinary adventure of a lifetime. There are millions of blessings that we receive every second of our lives without even realizing the given treasures. My journey has touched the core of my heart which opened my soul to feel, to see, to touch, to taste and to use the opportunity to elaborate every experience and to be in rhythm with the cosmic energy.
“The light from the sun pierced the juice and diffused into orange, crystal light which I sipped in delight and quenched my thirst and zest for life.” Mike Nepo
I am enjoying my birth and divine gift to be who I am with complete understanding that when we compare ourselves to others we see neither ourselves nor those we look up to. This is the route to our discomfort and self doubt.
When we embrace who we are and live authentically we become peaceful inside out. This new awakening is expressed so beautifully from the TELMUP on. The reward for embracing truth and who I am is no different than what Mark Nepo explained in The Book of Awakening, saying “Yes when we mean Yes and saying No when we mean No.”
“Letting the opposing voices in your head speak, they are only finding their part in a larger, yet-to-be-heard song.” Mike Nepo
My experience has exposed the limiting patterns and the silent saboteurs that have shifted and blocked my path to greatness.
- I am grateful for diverse tools and techniques that I received from what I call sacred encounters.
- I’ve been given the freedom to discover my hearts deepest desires for myself, as I weave a new vision for my life.
- I am ready, equipped and willing to inspire others and restore hope.
- I have discovered the ways of being a delightful participant in the wondrous and magical co-creative dance of manifestation.
- I am committed to contribute to the healing and transformation in my life and those that I meet.
My journey has helped me to discover and accept who I am. Thus bringing my inner desires in harmony. Leading from the heart empowered me to step inside to meet myself and accept myself just as I am. This has created peace within me.
My life endeavours to remain free on this day, this hour and this moment. I accept what is, the fact that my yesterday is gone and tomorrow has not yet come is neither here nor there for I count my blessings every moment. I strive to live authentically despite the ups and downs of my life. Being present to this life that we live empowers us to be what we seek to be. My day today is driven by the 12 Pillars.
“You are a laboratory and everyday is an experiment. Go and fuel what is new and unexpected.” Juel Eilio.
My Daily Actions:
- Silence – Taking a moment to pause.
- Service – Creating moments to reach out to others.
- Song – Allowing the music of my heart to explode with joy.
- Surrender – Yielding to source what I cannot change.
- Prayer – Opening my heart to healing, grace and gratitude.
- Breathing – Breathing new life with gratitude.
- Meditation – Calming and putting my soul at peace.
- Creativity – Feeling the pulse and energy of dreams waiting to be made a reality.
- Health – Healthy eating, exercise, relaxing and listening and responding to my body talk.
- Being a mother – Extraordinary presence and awareness giving off unconditional love.
- Being a wife – Care, compassion, companionship, support system.
- Being a Teacher – Sharing my life experiences and lessons to all I encounter.
- Being a lifelong student – Constantly experiencing new things which make me grow continuously.
- Taking a Break – Smelling the roses and dancing in rhythm with my soul.
- Love – Loving myself and others to the best of my ability.
“I begin to realize that inquiring about my own origin and goal, I am inquiring about something other than myself….in this every realization I begin to recognize the origin and goal of the world.” Martin Buber
My faith, trust, belief and hope is inspired by the words of Thich Nathi Hani.
“Grace comes to the wave of enlightenment for a wave is the moment. The wave realizes that it is water. At that moment all fear of death disappears.” Thich Nathi Hani
Let Blessings come to Life.
“Leaders leave landmarks of honour and historical legacies that serve as a foundation for future generations.” Yvonne Busisiwe Kgame